Advancing the Leadership Contribution of Nurses in Creating Health Care Solutions to Serve Our Communities
In support of developing and fostering Nursing leadership excellence, the Northwest Organization of Nurse Executives (NWone) will sponsor two $2,500 academic research scholarships annually for NWone members.
All applicants must:
- Be an NWone member in good standing. If not a member, a membership application must be submitted with application. Previous NWone scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Be enrolled at least halftime in a graduate degree program in a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicant must be pursuing a graduate degree program in nursing or health care leadership. The program must award one of the following degrees: MN, MSN, MBA, MPH, DNSc, DNP, PhD.
- Applicant must be presently enrolled and completed at least six months or two terms of coursework and provide evidence of satisfactory academic standing.
- One recommendation letter is required to be uploaded online when completing applications (download form here).
- Recommendation letter
- Transcripts supporting:
- Applicable degree program: MN, MSN, MBA, MPH, DNSc, DNP, PhD
- Half Time +, enrolled in at least 6+ credits per-semester/term
- Regional accredited college/university
- Minimum 6 months or two terms/semesters of program completed
- Evidence of good-standing
- Essay: Objectively describe what is your intent by obtaining this degree and how this degree aids you in advancing Nursing Leadership? (750 word max)
- Application shall also include name, credentials, title, current organization, and current contact info.
Each applicant will be evaluated on the base requirements and the strength of the essay:
- Intent of degree is objective and measurable
- Degree directly advances Nursing Leadership
- Overall strength of the essay
- Overall strength of the recommendations
Awardees will be notified via email and phone call. Each awardee will receive funds by the end of the fiscal year (December 31) and be recognized at the Annual Conference and Awards Ceremony the following year.