Portland-Vancouver Regional Council – May 2019
The NEW NCLEX: Upcoming Changes to the Test
Presented by: Nancy Ireland, OSBN Policy Analyst for Nursing Education
We need your help. What essential items do you need to survive your role as a nurse leader?
- Please consider bringing a small donation of a survival essential or cash for the Portland-Vancouver nurse leader survival basket.
- Don’t have cash? Never fear- you can send your contribution to my Venmo account @Desiree-McCue. I hope to complete the basket no later than Friday the 17th.
- We will auction off contents of our basket at the Dare to Lead conference in Skamania. Proceeds of the auction fund scholarships for nurse leaders in Oregon and Washington.
Here are some additional Updates for the Portland-Vancouver Chapter:
1. Chapter Co-chair needed
- This position is an excellent opportunity to advance your leadership skills, network with regional professionals, and expand NWONE’s mission.
- Most business is accomplished via email, or phone conference.
- Please contact Desi McCue at email@example.com for more information.
2. Don’t Forget to Register for the NWONE Conference: Dare to Lead https://nwonl.wpengine.com/2019ocr/ There are only a few spots left.
This sought-after conference takes place at the beautiful Skamania lodge in the Columbia River Gorge. The conference will feature courageous and resilient leadership principles. Additionally, we will be featuring tracks for both Emerging and Advancing Nurse Leaders.
I am particularly excited about a special session offering Deans of Nursing Schools and CNOs strategies to connect.