2019 Scholarship Process
Download forms below:
**Return forms to Marcy Holmes: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 30th, 2019 to be eligible for consideration.**
NWone Scholarships Description:
In support of developing and fostering Nursing leadership excellence, the Northwest Organization of Nurse Executives (NWone) sponsors two $2,500 academic research scholarships annually for NWone members.
NWone Research Scholarship awardee description:
Scholarships will be awarded to graduate students conducting a research project as part of their academic degree. Research scholarships are awarded to nurse leaders pursuing graduate degrees in nursing or supporting health care leadership domains (i.e. MN, MSN, MBA, MPH, DNSc, DNP, PhD).
Recipients are determined through a committee process. Selection is based upon the applicant meeting eligibility criteria, completion of the application documents, required recommendation and available funds.
All applicants must:
- Be a member in good standing of NWone. If not a member, a membership application must be submitted with application. Previous NWone scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Applicants must:
- Be enrolled at least halftime in a graduate degree program in a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicant must be pursuing a graduate degree program in nursing or health care leadership. The program must award one of the following degrees: MN, MSN, MBA, MPH, DNSc, DNP, PhD.
- Applicant must be presently enrolled and completed at least six months or two terms of coursework and provide evidence of satisfactory academic standing.
- One recommendation letter is required to be uploaded online when completing applications.
Each applicant is required to submit transcripts that support:
1) Applicable degree program: MN, MSN, MBA, MPH, DNSc, DNP, PhD
2) Half Time +, enrolled in at least 6+ credits per-semester/term.
2) Regional accredited college/university
3) Minimum 6 months or two terms/semesters of program completed.
4) Evidence of good-standing
One recommendation letter using provided form.
Essay: Objectively describe what is your intent by obtaining this degree and how this degree aids you in advancing Nursing Leadership? (750-word max – please use word count before submitting)
Ad-hoc Scholarship committee will be formed on a volunteer basis to provide an objective and nondiscriminatory evaluation of applicants. This committee will have at least 4 members.
Each applicant will be evaluated on the Base Requirements and the Strength of the Essay.
Strength of Essay (Up to 2 points for each, 8 points max)
- Intent of degree is objective and measurable (0=not objective, 1 = somewhat objective, 2 = highly objective)
- Degree directly advances Nursing Leadership (0=not relevant, 1 = somewhat relevant, 2 = highly relevant)
- Overall strength of the essay (0=not scholarly and/or professional, 1 = somewhat scholarly and/or professional, 2 = highly scholarly and/or professional)
- Overall strength of the recommendations (0=not recommended, 1 = partial recommendation, 2 = full recommendation)
Awardees will be notified via email and phone call. Each awardee will receive funds by the end of the fiscal year (December 31) and recognized at the Annual Conference and Awards Ceremony the following year.